Mountain skiing circuits
Mountain skiing is another one of our disciplines. Grandvalira currently boasts eight signposted circuits, which are free of charge and have been adapted to suit all levels of technical and physical aptitude. The circuits comply with all safety regulations and allow mountain skiing to take place alongside alpine skiing.
This season sees the opening of the first circuit in Pas de la Casa, incorporating a trip through the Isards area. Those wishing to try out this discipline, which has an increasing number of devotees at the resort, may do so provided they have an intermediate level of proficiency. The new circuit is comprehensively signposted and meets all safety conditions, as do the other five circuits that can be found in Grandvalira: four in the Grau Roig sector and one in the El Tarter sector.
ITINERARIES OUTSIDE OPENING HOURS (From 5.30pm to 10pm):
1. El Tarter --> Gall de Bosc --> Riba Escorxada --> Tamarro --> Cadernera --> Encampadana. Slope.
2. El Tarter --> Gall de Bosc --> Riba Escorxada --> Tamarra --> Oreneta --> Cap de Llosada. Slope.
3. El Tarter --> Gall de Bosc --> Soldeu --> Bosc Fosc --> Os --> Duc --> Cap de Llosada. Slope.
4. Soldeu --> Bosc Fosc --> Os --> Duc --> Cap de Llosada. Slope.
5. Pas de la Casa --> Directa --> Pista Llarga / Pic Blanc. Slope.
6. Grau Roig --> Pala Nova --> Pista Llarga / Pic Blanc. Slope.
Grandvalira Mountain Guides (GMG)
Grandvalira continues to support the only qualified mountain guide centre in Andorra that lies within the skiable area. Visitors wishing to take a different approach to discovering the landscapes of the Grandvalira region and Andorra in general can undergo an introduction within the skiable area or go on more daring excursions aimed at scaling several iconic mountain peaks on skis.
Download the Grandvalira app and time your ski touring session. You can use the app to read the QR code you’ll find on the signpost at the start of the route, and the app will use GPS to detect your arrival automatically. You can view your results on a general scoreboard and choose from a number of different prizes.
We suggest you to download the mountain security App Alpify.