GENERAL TERMS GRANDVALIRA - TOURISM PROFESIONALS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE OF THE WEBSITE
- General contact information
- Definitions and purpose
- Product and service
- User access
- Rules of use of the Website
- Intellectual and industrial property
- Notification of breach
- Formalization of the contract and reservations
9.1 Payment methods
9.2 Security in payments operations
- Cancellation and modification policy
- Modification or cancellation of the service by GRANDVALIRA RESORTS or the SERVICE PROVIDER
- Modification or cancellation of the service in the case of restrictions or exceptional measures due to the evolution of the health emergency situation caused by COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2
- Complaints and claims
- Travel insurance
- Skiing insurance
- Accommodation services: Plans and classification
- Liability and security of transactions
- Customer Services / Mediation Services
- Liability and limitation for links from other web pages
- Liability and limitation for links to other web pages
- Protection of personal data
1. General contact information
2. Definitions and purpose
3. Product and service
4. User access
5. Rules of use of the Website
- Use the name GRANDVALIRA RESORTS for professional or lucrative purposes directly or indirectly.
- Use the GRANDVALIRA RESORTS website for purposes other than the acquisition of products and/or services.
- Make false or fraudulent purchases. If it can reasonably be considered that a purchase of this nature has been made, it may be cancelled and the competent authorities informed.
- Publish offensive content of any kind, whether sexist, racist, defamatory and/or contrary to current legislation in Andorra.
- Defame, abuse, harass, annoy, threaten, or infringe other's legal rights, such as the rights of privacy or publicity.
- Use the Website for promotional purposes not expressly authorized by the GRANDVALIRA RESORTS team or disseminate unauthorized advertising content.
- Impersonate another person, with the relevant legal consequences that derive from it.
- Disseminate, publish, or request information that promotes the performance of any illegal act in its jurisdiction, including, but not limited to: electronic fraud, sending spam, phishing, spoofing, forgery and any other type of conduct that is considered an illegal act.
- Undertake any fraudulent use of the Website.
6. Intellectual and industrial property
7. Notification of breach
- identification of the rights protected by current legislation in this regard that are considered to have been violated,
- identification of the contents that allegedly violate the rights in question with reasonably sufficient information to allow GRANDVALIRA RESORTS to locate said material on the Website,
- information concerning contact details (physical or electronic address and telephone number) so that GRANDVALIRA RESORTS can communicate with said person or entity,
- a statement in which said person or entity affirms that the information included in the notification is true and accurate, and that they are the owner of the rights allegedly violated or that they are authorized or authorized to act on the behalf of said person or entity and, copy of the DNI, passport, or other document that proves their identity.
8. Formalization of the contract and reservations
8.2 Reservation procedure
8.4 Reservation confirmation
8.6 Free documentation delivery service
9.1 Payment methods
9.2 Security in payment operations
10. Cancellation and modification policy
- Through your private space “My reservations”
- By contacting the GRANDVALIRA RESORTS Reservation Centre on https://www.grandvalira.com/en/contact-grandvalira
10.1 Expenses applicable to the cancellation of reservations
10.2 Refund of the payment
10.3 Early departure from tourist accommodation
11. Modification or cancellation of the service by GRANDVALIRA RESORTS or the SERVICE PROVIDER
12. Modification or cancellation of the service in the case of restrictions or exceptional measures due to the evolution of the health emergency situation caused by COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2
- Restrictions/Travel ban imposed on leaving the territory of origin, imposed by the country of origin by means of a communiqué issued by a public institution or a duly accredited government source.
- Entry to Andorra prohibited, officially decreed by the Government of Andorra or other local authorities.
- Flight restrictions or complete closure of airports in Spain or France which prevent access to Andorra
- Obligation or National policy officially decreed by the Government of Andorra, on the application of temporary measures to minimize the health emergency situation caused by COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2
- Vaccination certificate showing 2 doses received at least 14 days previously
- Certificate of Recovery from Covid 19 during the previous 6 months
- Negative diagnostic test certificate, which must be a PCR or TMA done in the last 72 hours or a negative rapid antigen test done in the previous 12 hours.
13. Complaints and claims
14. Travel insurance
15. Skiing insurance
16. Accommodation services: Plans and classification
16.1 Quality of the accommodation
16.2 Accommodation plans
17. Liability and Security of transactions
18. Customer Services / Mediation Services
19.1 Legal capacity to contract
19.2 Limitation of liability
- any losses that were not attributable to their breach of contract;
- business losses (including lost profits, income, contracts, anticipated savings, data, loss of goodwill, or unnecessary expenses incurred); or from
- any other indirect loss that was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties at the time the service contract between both parties was formalized.
- GRANDVALIRA RESORTS takes all measures to provide a faithful view of the information of the Services offered through the Website, but is not liable for inaccuracies in the information offered by the SERVICE PROVIDERs.
- Technical errors that, due to chance or other causes, prevent the normal operation of the service through the Internet. Lack of availability of the Website for maintenance or other reasons, which prevents the availability of the service. GRANDVALIRA RESORTS uses every means at its disposal in order to carry out the process of buying, paying and shipping/delivery of the products. However, it is not responsible for causes that are not attributable to it, chance events, or anything larger.
- GRANDVALIRA RESORTS will not be liable for damages derived from misuse of the Website, nor for any fraudulent action carried out using the information provided therein.
- GRANDVALIRA RESORTS is not liable for possible security errors or disconnections that may occur or for possible damages that may be caused to the User's computer system (hardware and software), or the files or documents stored therein, as a result of the presence of viruses on the User's computer, used to connect to the Website, or of a malfunction of the browser or the use of non-updated versions of the browser.
- GRANDVALIRA RESORTS is not responsible for any liability that may arise due to the Customer not communicating any allergy or intolerance that they may suffer from. The responsibility will be uniquely and exclusively attributable to the Customer, or where appropriate, to the catering establishment.
- Strikes, lockouts, or other protest measures.
- Civil commotion, revolt, invasion, terrorist threat or attack, state of emergency, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparations for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, or any other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of using trains, boats, airplanes, motor transport, or other means of transport, public or private.
- Inability to use public or private telecommunication systems.
- Acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions imposed by any government or public authority.
20. Liability and limitation of liability for links from other web pages
21. Liability and limitation of liability for links to other web pages
23. Protection of personal data
24.1 Partial invalidity
- Waiver exclusion
The fact that either of the parties chooses to not exercise their rights in the event of non-compliance by the other party of any of the obligations imposed by these GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE, shall not be interpreted as a waiver of rights with regards to future breaches of the obligation in question.
- Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
Date of revision of the conditions: February 2022
EXCLUSIVE SECTION FOR TOURISM PROFESSIONALS
Grandvalira acts as an organiser of different programmes combined with accommodation and resort services, as well as other services offered by Grandvalira or other service providers in the country.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
The client is authorised to use the website and all its subdomains with the sole purpose of making legitimate enquiries or bookings and undertakes not to make speculative, false or fraudulent bookings or reservations in anticipation of demand. Likewise, the client undertakes to provide http://www.grandvalira.com with correct and accurate contact information, such as e-mail addresses, in full awareness of the possibility of Grandvalira using that information as a contact method if necessary.
ACCEPTANCE OF GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing and using the website and all its subdomains, consumers and clients expressly agree to all of the general terms and conditions, which are automatically considered to form part of the contract without the need for each of the terms and conditions to be individually transcribed in writing. The terms and conditions fulfil and exercise the relevant legislation in force without breach of such legislation.
USE OF CLIENT'S CONTACT DETAILS
The client or booking holder certifies that they are 18 years of age or over and that they have the legal capacity to use the website and all its subdomains and to enter into legal obligations.
The client certifies that all personal data provided during the booking process is correct, and accepts financial liability for any operation carried out under their name or on their behalf.
In accordance with this document, the client hereby authorises Grandvalira to include all of the personal data provided in relation to a booking (both their own and that of the persons named in the booking) in Grandvalira confidential database for future communications, in accordance with the provisions of Law 15/2003 of 18 December 2003 concerning personal data protection. To access the data, rectify it, erase it or, when appropriate, oppose its processing, the booking holder must send a request to: Av. Carlemany, 68 Despacho 401 Edificio Illa Carlemany - AD700 Escaldes-Engordany (Principat d'Andorra), or to the email address email@example.com, accompanied by a copy of your ID card or equivalent proof of identity with "DATA PROTECTION" in the subject line.
The products which can be purchased on the website and all its subdomains may be booked individually or in combination as part of a service package.
HOTELS AND OTHER SERVICES
Grandvalira acts solely as a promoter in relation to other providers of accommodation and other services, and as a bookings agency making reservations on behalf of users, and therefore cannot be considered to be liable for death, injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, theft, delay, or any other irregularity which is directly or indirectly related to the services provided by the hotel or other providers who market their accommodation, services and products through the Grandvalira website. Grandvalira is exempt from all contractual and non-contractual liabilities and any other type of liability. An accommodation or service provider is understood to be the providers or owners who are shown on the website and all its subdomains, and include all the facilities and services offered on this website and all its subdomains, which Grandvalira reserves on behalf of users. The information for the aforementioned hotel has been made available by the accommodation provider.
The AGENCY must communicate GRANDVALIRA by writing any food allergies or intolerances one or several members of the group may have. GRANDVALIRA will communicate this information to all restaurants. However, GRANDVALIRA is exempt of any responsibility that may arise due to a failure to comply with, negligence, error, or omission by the AGENCY of the indications given regarding food allergies or intolerances of members of the group. Therefore, any responsibility that may arise, will be attributed solely and exclusively to the AGENCY or, when necessary, to the restaurant, as long as it is independent from GRANDVALIRA.
STAR RATING AND QUALITY OF ACCOMMODATION
The star rating belongs to the destination and complies with the relevant legislation in force in that area. It only serves as a general description and may not be applicable in all cases. The types of room provided by a hotel (for example, single, twin, double) may vary. It is the client’s responsibility to check the type of accommodation and the services provided by each hotel or partner agency. It is the partner agency’s responsibility to give details about the hotels, services or packages that can be reserved through them. The client accepts that we have not carried out any quality controls on the establishments offered on the website and all its subdomains. We will not be held accountable for the suitability of the accommodation or the services provided. The inclusion of accommodation on the website does not, under any circumstances, imply that Grandvalira recommends or endorses it. We disclaim all responsibility for any inaccuracies in relation to the accommodation and services offered on the website and all its subdomains.
Grandvalira acts as both owner and provider of resort services offered within the resort and sold on this website and all its subdomains.
The services offered by Grandvalira itself are as follows: passes, ski classes, adventure activities, restaurant services and other services offered at the Grandvalira ski resort.
We recommend that suitable travel insurance is purchased before the client arrives at their destination. The client is responsible for verifying that their insurance offers adequate coverage.
SKIING INSURANCE + LOST PASS COVER:
In the event that the client has not purchased an insurance policy, we recommend purchasing the ski insurance offered by Grandvalira, which under no circumstances acts as a substitute for travel insurance. The ski insurance policy solely and exclusively covers personal injury and injury to third parties caused during skiing and some of the adventure activities promoted and controlled by the resort as long as they are practised within the facilities of the resort. Clients are asked to read their insurance policy coverage carefully. Skiing insurance may be purchased as an additional service when booking online or directly at the ski resort's ticket offices upon presenting the pass before using any of the resort's ski lifts.
This includes reprinting a lost pass without additional costs.
REGISTRATION, BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
According to contractual conditions, once the booking is confirmed, the established payment conditions must be met. The booking will not be final until the full payment is made. Failure to make payment will result in the booking being cancelled and the terms and conditions defined in the cancellations section being applied. Payments may be made electronically on the website.
At the resort ticket offices, the client must present our reference number and the ID of the booking holder, or the original voucher issued by our sales system or by that of the agency.
An invoice may be requested at a later date, after the end of the stay.
Bookings shall include the services specified in the booking confirmation. It is important that you read all the information on the accommodation, if included, as the stay may involve supplements and additional services which the user must pay for directly with the establishment. Grandvalira is exempt from all contractual liabilities, extra-contractual liabilities and any other type of liability in relation to these services and supplements.
The prices and availabilities of the services saved as "Quotes" are for information purposes and subject to availability review at the time of booking confirmation.
Once the client has paid the full cost of the booking as previously indicated, they will automatically receive the voucher/reference number. This voucher is the basis of the booking contract: the client acknowledges that it is their responsibility to check the confirmation and verify that all the data included therein is correct, as services will only be provided according to the details specified in the booking.
Due to the special circumstances involved in distance contracts, the client acknowledges the impossibility of signing the payment slip, understood to be the document through which permission for the transaction is normally given. Therefore, the client waives the signing of the contract for the whole electronic transaction that occurs as a result of booking via the website and all its subdomains. The person who completes the booking form on the website must have permission to make the booking on behalf of all group members participating in the trip, and must confirm that all group members accept the booking terms and conditions. Furthermore, this person will be liable for the cost of the booking, including any cancellation or modification fees. Similarly, this person will inform the other members of the group of the confirmation details and any other relevant information.
DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTATION
In order to facilitate and speed up access to the resort, Grandvalira offers the client a free service for delivering booking documentation (physical pass, resort service vouchers, etc.) directly to the booked accommodation. This service is only offered for bookings that include accommodation, and for bookings that are made and paid for at least 48 hours before the arrival date.
The client must present a separate voucher for each of the purchased services that, due to their location, take place outside the Grandvalira ski resort.
The client may modify or cancel their booking at any time, before the start date of the services, through the website or any of its subdomains where they made the booking. When in doubt, contact the Grandvalira Reservation Centre directly, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+376) 891 800.
If the client cancels the booking, there may be expenses incurred by the accommodation or service providers. Each service provider and each promotion has its own cancellation and/or modification policy, which is detailed in the description of the services at the time of purchase.
However, cancellations due to closed resorts will be processed in accordance with the special procedure defined by Grandvalira.
If these charges are not reflected in the service description, the following charges will apply:
1. CANCELLATION OF INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS
Grandvalira generates the invoice for the confirmed bookings the same day the service starts. In the event that the booking has not been used (i.e. Grandvalira has not delivered the passes to the client), the client must request its cancellation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
The period for requesting cancellation is 7 days from the start date of the services; no charges are applied.
However, once 7 days immediately after the first day of services have lapsed, a 10% charge will be applied to the total of the confirmed booking.
1.2 RESORT SERVICES AND NON-ACCOMMODATION PACKAGES
Less than 24 hours and no-show from client: 100% of the total booking price.
1.3 ACCOMMODATION AND ACCOMMODATION PACKAGES
In the event that the booking includes accommodation services, the criteria will be as specified in each booking.
2. CANCELLATION OF GROUP BOOKINGS
Between 15 days and no-show of the group: 30% of the total booking price.
In the event that the group booking includes accommodation services, the criteria will be those requested by the accommodation in each case, as specified in each group booking contract.
1. RETURN OF INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS
A return is considered to be the return of already issued service vouchers, provided that they have not been used. Returns must be made at the ticket office on the same day the services begin, always within the operating hours of the ticket office, otherwise the return will not be accepted.
The return of a package must be done with all the complete services and must correspond to the same reservation (same locator/file number).
1.1 SKI PASS:
Return free of charge: the maximum date accepted shall be the start date of the services, provided the return does not exceed 6 people in the total booking. A return fee of 5% shall be charged on any booking over 7 people. Promotions are excluded.
1.2 RESORT SERVICES AND NON-ACCOMMODATION PACKAGES:
1.3 ACCOMMODATION AND ACCOMMODATION PACKAGES:
In the event that the booking includes accommodation services the criteria will be as specified in each booking.
2. RETURN OF GROUP BOOKINGS
Return without charges will be accepted up to 24 hours before the beginning of the services as long as it does not exceed 10% of the total booking, everything that exceeds 10% will have a charge of 5% as a return charge (only on the amount that exceeds that 10%). Excludes promotions.
1. MODIFICATION OF INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS
For modifications consult the website or any of its subdomains where the booking was made. Offers and promotions are excluded.
2. MODIFICATION OF GROUP BOOKINGS (NO ACCOMMODATION)
Changes to services, booking dates, sector or number of persons booked may incur costs as detailed. Does not apply to group bookings with accommodation, in this case, the criteria will be those specified in each booking.
2.1. TYPE OF SERVICE CHANGE: Depending on the availability of places and schedules, modifications of the type of service will be accepted up to 5 days before the entry of the group.
2.2. DATE, GROUP NAME AND/OR SECTOR CHANGE: Date, group name and/or sector changes are not permitted within 15 days of the group’s arrival.
2.3. NUMBER OF PEOPLE:
• Reduction: Up to 5 days prior to the group’s arrival, there will be no charge for reductions in group size of up to 20%. For under 5 days, group return conditions will apply.
• Increase: Up to 5 days before the entry of the group, increases will be accepted according to availability of places and schedules, in case of non-availability in groups, the individual package rate will be applied.
Any irregularities or deficiencies detected by the client in the services booked must be reported directly to the service provider in question and during the course of the use and enjoyment of the service. The client must allow sufficient opportunity for the situation to be rectified following its discovery.
If the solution provided is not to the client’s satisfaction, they should contact Grandvalira customer service department in writing using the form https://www.grandvalira.com/en/contact-grandvalira
Grandvalira does not accept liability for any damage caused by the actions, omissions or negligence of any provider or of any third party.
The client acknowledges and accepts that Grandvalira cannot be considered to be liable for any inaccurate information offered by service providers. The client also acknowledges the following: The service providers offered by Grandvalira make efforts to ensure that all information contained on this website is up to date and accurate. Therefore, the client is informed and accepts that the prices and information contained on this website may be subject to changes and are provided for information purposes only.
Grandvalira accepts no liability for any changes, cancellations or booking changes, or for any loss or damages that result from any non-fulfilment of the obligations to the client by those responsible for providing the services, when this non-fulfilment is due to circumstances caused by force majeure. For information purposes, these circumstances include, among others: war, revolution, terrorist attack, border closure, epidemic, natural disaster or any other circumstance that may have serious consequences for both parties, as well as any other unforeseen circumstances beyond Grandvalira control.
LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
The application and interpretation of these general terms and conditions is governed by the legislation in force in the Principality of Andorra. In the event of any dispute arising from the interpretation or application of any of these terms and conditions, the parties, with express waiver of any other jurisdiction that may correspond to them, submit to the jurisdiction and competences of the Courts and Tribunals of the Principality of Andorra.